|By Jo Anne Malpass
For many in the Magna Bay area, 2016 will be remembered for the intense thunderstorm in September that destroyed several homes and left others with significant damage, brought down power poles and trees, blocking roads and leaving many without power, cable and phone service for days. To date, many of the homes have been torn down or repaired, but there are still some reminders of the devastation. Although many experienced a terrifying evening, fortunately nobody was injured that night and local first responders were praised for their response in a difficult situation.
….read more on the front page of this issue of the Kicker
In other news….
- Trans-Canada Highway improvements completed at Hoffman’s Bluff pg. 13
- Aquatic Invasive Mussels a Priority for SWC pg. 14
- Transportation Manager Responds to Road Maintenance Complaint pg. 21
- Farrell’s Field Annual Skating party Jan.7
- Reino Keski-Salmi Loppet Jan 14
- Shuswap Trail Party/ Fundraiser Feb.3
- Chase Fish and Game Banquet Feb.4
Check out more events on page. 43
** Having a hard time reading this version of the Kicker?
Click on “past issues” for a pdf. version
Ad Deadline for next issue is WEDNESDAY January 18
We hit the stands on February 3
** For advertising info email email@example.com or call Tracy 250-955-0534
Check the Kicker out on Facebook
Go to www.facebook.com/shuswapkicker