|By Jo Anne Malpass
The conviction of Leon Reinbrecht was upheld on May 25 by BC Supreme Court judge Sheri Donegan.
Ken Brown was killed and eight others injured when a speedboat operated by Reinbrecht crashed into his houseboat on Magna Bay following a July 2010 Canada Day fireworks display.
*** since the printing of this issue Reinbrecht has been sentenced to 3 years in prison and will not be allowed to operate a water vessel for 5 years after being released.
In other news….
- Coroner’s Report on Anglemont Murder-Suicide confirms that 15 year old Christian Robert Tallick murdered 45 year old Tracy Nichol before killing himself. Pg. 5
- North Shuswap Park Improvements pg. 16
- 23rd Annual on the water Father’s Day Poker Run – pg. 28
- Annual Father’s Day Lobster Dinner June 17 – pg. 28
- South Shuswap Chamber golf tournament at Quaaout Lodge – June10
- More events on pg.70
Check the Kicker out on Facebook
Go to www.facebook.com/shuswapkicker
Ad Deadline for next issue is June 17
We hit the stands on July 1
** For advertising info email email@example.com or call Tracy 250-955-0534