|By Jo Anne Malpass
Thanks to the quick reporting by a local resident and prompt response by Anglemont Fire Department, a suspicious fire on an empty lot on Birch Close in Anglemont on August 21 was extinguished before heavy winds arrived in the afternoon.
When the 10 members of Anglemont fire department arrived after the call out at 10:30 am on the Sunday morning, the fire was burning across half the empty lot (about 1/8 acre). There were homes around the burning lot and the fire was about 10 feet away from a neighbouring home.
….read more on the front page of this issue of the Kicker
In other news….
- Preliminary Incorporation Data is Positive – pg. 6
- CSRD Board Reviews Gateway Wastewater Options – pg. 15
- Green light for modified golf carts in Chase – pg.19
- Bingo at the Lakeview Centre AND at Celista Hall
- Golden Ears Annual Corn Roast Sept 10
- Finz Charity Golf Tournament Sept 17
- Junk in the Trunk Sale at Carlin Hall Sept 17
- Lions Club Fundraiser Dinner Sept 23
- Team Chase Fall Fashion Show Sept 25
- Larrabee Live! Las Vegas to you Tour Oct. 1
- More details and events on pg.64
Check the Kicker out on Facebook
Go to www.facebook.com/shuswapkicker
** Having a hard time reading this version of the Kicker?
Click on “past issues” for a pdf. version
Ad Deadline for next issue is WEDNESDAY Sept 21.
We hit the stands on October 7
** For advertising info email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tracy 250-955-0534