|By Jo Anne Malpass
At its January 19 board meeting, the Columbia Shuswap Regional District denied a request to advance the discussion on local governance in Scotch Creek.
The North Shuswap Incorporation Feasibility Study Group independently funded and hired TRUE Consulting to provide a preliminary research report on local governance options. This Phase I report was sent to the CSRD with a letter asking for a meeting “to discuss your backing and your efforts to encourage the Ministry of Community, Sport & Cultural Development (CSCD) to approve a Governance Study for the North Shuswap. We need to get a clear idea of what becoming a municipality would mean, and thereby be able to gauge the level of support for this opportunity in our local population.”
….read more on the front page of this issue of the Kicker
In other news….
- Roderick Haig-Brown park name change…pg.7
- Chamber News…pg. 9
- Vickers Trail Slide update… pg. 12
- Area F Community Needs and Priorities... pg.17
- Chase Fish and Game Banquet – Feb. 4
- Sweetheart Dine & Dance at the Lakeview – Feb. 11
- Cod Gone Wild Valentine’s weekend performance in Sorrento - Feb 10, 11
- Area C governance meeting - Feb. 16
……..Check the details and more events on page. 42
** Having a hard time reading this version of the Kicker?
Click on “past issues” for a pdf. version
Ad Deadline for next issue is Wednesday February 15th
We hit the stands on March 3rd
** For advertising info email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tracy 250-955-0534
Check the Kicker out on Facebook
Go to www.facebook.com/shuswapkicker