|Submitted by Jay Simpson
After years and years of talk, way too many to remember, the North Shuswap is finally having a preliminary study done to try to determine if there is any opportunity to become an incorporated community.
Basically this comes down to determining the amount of tax revenue that is generated from the various areas of the North Shuswap versus the money spent providing the current level of services to our areas. Does the revenue balance with the expense?
….read more on the front page of this issue of the Kicker
In other news….
- Truck bursts into flames in Scotch Creek pg.9
- Road resurfacing from Scotch Creek to St. Ives pg. 17
- Update from North Shuswap Health Centre pg. 36
- Friday Nights Live in Scotch Creek
- Music in the Bay Thursdays in Blind Bay
- Bingo at the Lakeview centre and Celista Hall
- Splish Splash Art sale at Celista Hall Aug 13, 14
- Related Styles Art Show Sorrento – Aug 12, 13
- Roots and Blues in Salmon Arm Aug 19 to 21
- More details and events on pg.73
Check the Kicker out on Facebook
Go to www.facebook.com/shuswapkicker
Ad Deadline for next issue is August 19
We hit the stands on September 2
For advertising info email email@example.com or call Tracy 250-955-0534
** Having a hard time reading this version of the Kicker?
Click on “past issues” for a pdf. version