|By Jo Anne Malpass
The Columbia Shuswap Regional District has announced it will receive up to $1.486 million from the Federal Gas Tax Fund to upgrade the Saratoga Water System in Scotch Creek.
This project will provide upgrades to the Saratoga Water System to facilitate the connection of the Copper Island RV Park (CIRVP) and potentially, other private water systems within the Scotch Creek area. The cost of this upgrade is estimated to be fully covered by the grant from the Federal Gas Tax Fund. The Union of British Columbia Municipalities administers the Gas Tax Fund in BC, in collaboration with Canada and British Columbia.
In the grant application, CSRD Utilities Team Leader Terry Langlois explained the CIRVP is a 41-lot development serviced by a private water system, with water quality issues. The CIRVP requested that the CSRD consider connection of this community to the adjacent Saratoga Water System, which is owned and operated by the CSRD.
…..read the whole story on the front page of this issue of the Kicker
In other news….
- Province Turns Down Restructure Planning Grant – pg. 6
- Water Study Review Underway for Scotch Creek – pg. 11
- Adams Lake Indian Band Moving Forward - pg. 18
- Earth Day Event at Roderick-Haig Brown Park – Fri. April 20
- NS Community Hall Spring Clean-up – April 21
- Tunes of the Decades – April 27 at Sorrento Memorial Hall
- Turtle Valley Donkey Refuge volunteer recruitment day – Apr 7 & 8
- 18th Annual Shuswap Music Festival in Salmon Arm April 16-27
……Read details and more calendar of events on page 56
** Having a hard time reading this version of the Kicker?
Click on “past issues” for a pdf. version
Ad Deadline for next issue is WEDNESDAY April 18
We hit the stands on May 4.
** For advertising info email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tracy 250-955-0534
Check the Kicker out on Facebook
Go to www.facebook.com/shuswapkicker